News back

A snapshot of the Romanian and Bulgarian labour markets towards the end of July

03.09.2019

According to data from the Romanian Employment Agency towards the end of July, the registered unemployment on a national level in Romania was 3.01%, which is 0.49% less than the value for the same month in 2018. The total number of registered unemployed individuals at the end of July is 262 044, an increase of 4461 people compared to last month.

Despite the annual decrease, the unemployment has increased slightly in comparison to June, according to data from the Employment Agency. The increase for men is 0.02%, while for women - 0.09%. The reason is the high school graduates who register as unemployed.

Statistics show, that 70% of the unemployed individuals live in the villages, while the rest 30% - in the cities. The biggest number of unemployed people is between 40 and 49 years of age (70 991 people), followed by people of above 55 years of age (51 320 people). On the opposite end of the spectrum are the young people between 25 and 29 years of age (12 451 unemployed).

 

What does the data for Bulgaria show

The unemployment for July in Bulgaria is 5.3%, this is a slight increase of 0.1% compared to the previous month, but 0.4% below July 2018.

The total number of registered unemployed individuals at the end of July is 172 643 people, or an increase of 2 984 people. According to the Employment Agency, this is due to, on one hand, the decreased demand for personnel for seasonal work, and on the other – the effect of its campaign, with which it's trying to motivate unemployed people in working age to get a job or go into education.

The announced job openings on the primary labour market in July are 15 350, as 76.4% of them are in the private sector. The largest share is in manufacturing (30.5%), trade, repair of motor vehicles and motorcycles (14.3%), administrative and auxiliary activities (10.3%), education (9.6%), hotels and restaurants (7.2%), and others.

The most sought after groups of professions in Bulgaria during this month are: teachers; workers in the primary and secondary economic sectors, construction and transport; operators of stationary machinery and equipment; bartenders, waiters, cooks, housekeepers; sellers; skilled workers in the production of food, clothing, wooden products; waste collection workers; business and administrative technicians and applied specialists; metallurgists, machinists and related craftsmen; drivers of motor vehicles and mobile equipment etc.





More on the topic

Copyright © 2019 VISA

Select